Saturday, November 6, 2010

Horse Tails...

Hey! Whoa there! You are way too close my friend. This lesson is from school horse Shady's point of view          of the lesson on nov. 6, 2010. Okay, here we go...!  (she kicks...)

     Could this warm-up possibly go any slower? I mean it's just walking in circles while some random person yanks on my mouth! Ah, yes, finally trotting. Oh, wait. Did she just pull on my mouth? Okay, back to walk. Hey! How dare you hit me with your whip!! It just keeps repeating: I get kicked to trot, so I trot. Then, they pull on my mouth, so I walk. Then they whip me!! Grrr! I HATE beginners!
     Ten minutes later, we've changed direction twice, and for three times in a row, Norman got to close! I was about to kick him when the person in middle of the ring yells at the person to find her own space in the arena. We where called to the middle of the ring while the person told the other people what to do next. I kind of zoned out until I hear "go back on the rail*." No one moved, so niether did I. Then someone came and led to the rail. About fifteen minutes later, she told every one to get off.
     As I was led to my stall, I got happier. When she finished brushing me, she took of my halter** and let me loose in my cozy stall. Then guess what?? I got a carrot!!!!! Yay!

*rail: the "track" in the arena
**halter: a nylon headstall (Shady is wearing one in the photo!)

     ~Shady                                       Shady                                      Norman                                

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you.
    PLEASE VOTE OR ELSE I WON'T KNOW WHAT TO RIGHT ABOUT NEXT.
    ~Laurel

    ReplyDelete